Fee for service is $3,500 which includes the following services:
- Approximately twelve, 1 hour prenatal visits in your home or mine
- On call services from 37 weeks until birth
- Labor, birth, newborn assessment and immediate postpartum care
- Approximately five, 1 hour postpartum visits in your home or mine
- Availability by phone throughout pregnancy and the postpartum period
- Referrals as needed
- Remaining within a 2 hour range from you once on call
- Nutrition Counseling and helping to maintain general health during pregnancy and postpartum
- Breastfeeding support
- A sense of humor…and so much more that can not be put into words
Travel Fee- You can choose to have prenatals in my home office to avoid this fee.
- a $500.00 travel/gas fee is applied if your home is an hour or more from my home (at Inspiration Ln Covington Louisiana.
- a $250.00 travel/gas fee is applied to those within an hour from my home
If you request that I submit a claim to your insurance provider to cover your perinatal care there will be a $150.00 fee. Insurance billing takes up a significant amount of my time and they play hard ball. This fee does not guarantee that they will cover the costs requested.
The payments would be appreciated in the following way:
- $500.00 initial payment at the first visit upon hiring (initial consult is free).
- $100.00 payment is expected at each prenatal visit
- $1000.00 (total including $500.00 initial payment made previously) is expected by 24 weeks of pregnancy.
- $3,500 full payment is appreciated by 37 weeks unless otherwise agreed upon.
If you are having financial difficulties and need more time to pay off your fee, we can discuss a payment plan. Please keep in mind I am willing to help you find a way to attain the birth you desire! I may be able to provide discounts for certain woman in need, please do not hesitate to ask for assistance.
Please contact Sally for more information and to schedule your free consultation.
Are you or anyone is LA able to take Tricare Insurance or had experiance filing paperwork and being reimbused? Thanks ~~ MIchelle
Yes I accept Tricare 🙂 as long as they accept me 😉
I just found out that I was pregnant and I currently live in San Diego. I am due September 8. My husband is deploying and I will be moving home to New Orleans for the deployment in May. Would I be able to start care with you in the middle of my pregnancy since I only want a midwife and also, have you taken Tricare before? Thanks:)
Tricare will not accept me I tried. 😦
What insurance companies do you accept?
It is actually the other way around. What Insurance companies accept me? I advise my clients to call and ask if your company would pay for a Licensed midwife (LM) who is not a Certified nurse midwife (CNM) to attend your birth at home.
I’m a military spouse & student midwife. I’m curious how you are able to get Tricare reimbursement when Tricare doesn’t recognize the CPM. I want to be able to offer this as I am always stationed at an Army base.
I am unable to take Tricare as the have refused to accept me 😦 Sorry
Do you accept Care Credit?
The question is do they accept me? That is something to ask them, be specific and ask do you cover a home birth with a licensed midwife who is not a nurse midwife. Call me if you need any other info.